Case: Yabooks – sales increase by 10 times and CPL reduction by 50%
Yabooks is an online bookstore in Ukraine specialising in foreign language books, stationery and gifts. Starting from scratch with only an Instagram page, the client expressed a desire to develop their brand.
The situation BEFORE:
No advertising campaigns on Google’s platform.
What has been done
1. Creation of a website on the platform Horoshop
- Adding products using feed.
- Setting up the functionality to generate a feed for Google Merchant Centre.
- Connecting the payment system.
- Filling the necessary pages with information.
2. Setting up quality analytics and tracking user behaviour on the site:
Properly setting up analytics, staging, as well as tracking events on the site – one of the basic conditions for effective advertising. Otherwise, there is a chance of wasting the advertising budget. As a result, in the first month we did the following:
- Set up goals in Google Analytics to track conversions correctly Determined which conversions are targeted to optimise campaigns.
- Installed Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, E-commerce
3. Аnalysing the product, competitors and target audience
After a detailed study of the client’s product, market and competitor analysis, we decided to split the launch of the advertising campaigns into several stages. This allowed us to stay within the allocated budget, test different types of advertising campaigns to maximise the number of sales at the optimal cost per lead, and ultimately scale the project.
Developed and implemented the first steps of the advertising strategy:
- In the first phase, we launched a search advertising campaign for common key queries, as well as a shopping campaign for ad presence in all possible Google search formats.
- Created audiences for remarketing – this allowed us to gather statistics, audiences and identify the product categories that buy better than the rest.
Initially in the sales campaign we used a feed without categorisation, as we only added books from the fiction section in English to the site. Having collected statistics on the books that sell best at this stage, as well as the required number of audiences, we moved on to the next step of our strategy.
- In the second phase, the number of products and categories on the site increased. It was decided to divide the feed into categories and create new advertising campaigns accordingly.
An important point was to divide the feed not only according to the literature sections into fiction and non-fiction, but also into bestsellers and create separate advertising campaigns for them. In this way, we reduced the cost per lead, the advertising account became more structured, which allowed us to work more efficiently on rates and audiences for each campaign.
At the same stage, we launched remarketing and CMC (contextual media network), which allowed us to reach returning customers who were on the site but did not make a purchase, to significantly broaden the audience, attract new customers, and build brand awareness.
- In the third stage, we continued to optimise existing campaigns, working on audience expansion, turning off ineffective ad groups and adding new ones. After working on search queries, we decided to add a branded ad campaign, which allowed us to get conversions at the lowest cost.
Increase in sales by 10 times in the third month of the advertising campaign.
No Data Found
"Increase in ROAS from 3.44 to 12.87 in the third month of advertising.
No Data Found
By testing various advertising types, optimizing feeds, structuring sales campaigns, and simultaneously launching search and media campaigns, we reached a wider audience and identified the most cost-effective strategies. The increase in brand recognition and the emergence of regular customers are outcomes of a successful advertising strategy, excellent service, and high-quality products.
With this experience, we are ready to not only support but also successfully scale your company’s advertising campaigns.
After analyzing 2022 sales, the client identified target countries and their budgets for scaling campaigns. Since the beginning of 2023, we are also working to increase sales and brand awareness for Kleyn Vans (additional business unit) in these destinations as well.
After testing various strategies, we reasonably recommended to the client to also launch the shopping campaigns (Google Shopping), which we could not do before due to the peculiarities of the client’s website. At the moment we are in the process of setting up the Merchant Center to launch trading campaigns in the Google Ads account.